IAHSS Announces 2019 Conference and Exhibition Date, Location
IAHSS’ 51st Annual Conference will be in Orlando, Fla., May 19-22.
The Sunshine State will be hosting this year’s International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) Annual Conference and Exhibition May 19-22. Being held at the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista, healthcare security protection professionals who attend will be able to discover how their colleagues and experts are tackling industry challenges and addressing issues.
“Learn about new trends and emerging technology,” says IAHSS Executive Director Colleen Kucera. “Build your professional network by sharing experiences, ideas, strategies and solutions with peers and industry partners.”
Lieutenant General (retired) Mark Hertling will deliver the opening keynote, titled “Leadership Is Hard! Or Is It?”. He will discuss some of challenges associated with the healthcare industry and how those who live by the tenets of true professionalism are best positioned to serve. Heartling will also discuss the application of the military leadership model of “Be-Know-Do,” and how this model provides guiding principles for those wanting to be the best leader they can be in a continuously changing environment.
Other topics that will be covered include:
- Aggression and violence in healthcare settings: A panel discussion of high-risk cases, legal implications and risk management strategies
- Balancing the roles of patient care with security in resolving crisis
- How many security officers do you need? An evidence-based approach to determining the industry average number of hospital security officers
- Assessing physical security risks in the healthcare clinic environment
- Forensic patients: Toolkit for safety for all
- The secret to a successful, high-risk patient building construction project – early and continuous collaboration!
- Current illicit drug trends: no longer the big five
- Improving security program effectiveness through data
- Integrating expertise across disciplines in combatting workplace violence
- Visualizing a better outcome for patients
- The formation of a behavioral emergency response team in a pediatric healthcare facility
- The legal implications of an active shooter event in the healthcare environment
- A strategic model for adding security value while minimizing cost
- Lessons learned from the Pulse Nightclub mass casualty incident
- Nurse bullying: an unknown healthcare epidemic
- And more!
Attendees will also be able to attend several networking events and a exhibit hall featuring a wide range of products and services.
If you appreciated this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century
This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!