Bomb Threat Checklist and Call Procedures
This checklist will guide you through the procedures you should follow and the questions you should ask if someone calls in a bomb threat.
Do you know what to do when there is a bomb threat on campus?
Most bomb threats are received by phone. Bomb threats are serious until proven otherwise. Act quickly, but remain calm and obtain information.
If a bomb threat is received by phone there are a few steps that should be followed:
1. Remain calm. Keep the caller on the line for as long as possible. DO NOT HANG UP, even if the caller does.
2. Listen carefully. Be polite and show interest.
3. Try to keep the caller talking to learn more information.
4. If possible, write a note to a colleague to call the authorities or, as soon as the caller hangs up, immediately notify them yourself.
5. If your phone has a display, copy the number and/or letters on the window display.
6. Complete the Bomb Threat Checklist (reverse side) immediately. Write down as much detail as you can remember. Try to get exact words.
7. Immediately upon termination of the call, do not hang up, but from a different phone, contact FPS immediately with information and await instructions.
Download The Bomb Threat Checklist and Call Procedure today!
Please fill out the form below to receive your download.