The S3 Series Fire Alarm Control Panel is the industry’s first small, addressable system that features an intuitive, touch-screen display to simplify system use for facility managers and first responders.
PRODUCT SHIP DATE: 8/21/2013
The S3 Series Fire Alarm Control Panel from Gamewell-FCI is the industry’s first small, addressable system that features an intuitive, touch-screen display to simplify system use and help speed emergency response. User menu options are clear, offering users only those choices of operation that can be performed at that time. Directly under the display are five physical buttons that can be customized to the needs of the facility too.
Only a single pair of wires is required to support a network of S3 Series systems from one standalone panel to as many as 122 panels, allowing this fire alarm to expand over time with the needs of a campus while minimizing material and labor costs. The same single pair of wires can be used to connect S3 Series systems to Gamewell-FCI’s E3 Series® fire alarm and emergency communication systems for voice evacuation or emergency communication.
Although the S3 Series is designed to be simple-to-use and compact, it provides a wide breadth of sophisticated fire alarm functions including smoke, carbon monoxide, gas and multi-criteria detection, elevator recall, fan control, graphical workstation monitoring interface, among others.
- The S3 Series touch-screen display replaces the multiple rows and cryptic text displays found on most fire alarm control panels. The screen only shows options for operation that are possible at that time. Furthermore, five physical buttons are present under the touchscreen, which can be programmed to perform specific functions requested by the facility.
- Exclusive to the S3 Series is a built-in Ethernet port (comes standard at no extra cost), which enables Internet connectivity. Facility managers and fire alarm service providers can utilize this online connection to view system status, review diagnostics and troubleshoot any trouble or supervisory events – a big advantage that can reduce costly service calls and site visits.
- Only a single pair of wires is required to support a network of S3 Series systems from one standalone panel to up to 122 panels, allowing this fire alarm to expand over time with the needs of a facility or campus while minimizing material and labor costs.
Benefits to the End-User:
- Ease of Use
- Speeds emergency response
- Minimizes staff training – a key for campuses where multiple people must interface with the fire alarm system, including facility mgrs, security, administration, first responders, etc.
- The use of two-wire (or fiber optic cable) networking saves significant costs, particularly when you’re networking fire alarm systems throughout a campus. 24/7 Internet connection can reduce onsite services calls as well.
- Scalable to protect a variety of facilities and campuses
- Looks much more high-tech for those facilities wanting to showcase their life safety efforts