The Lite-Connect multi-mode fiber solution is designed to join as many as 16 remote Fire-Lite Alarms’ fire alarm control panels together to report all systems’ signals to a central monitoring station as one.
PRODUCT SHIP DATE: 7/31/2014
The Lite-Connect multi-mode fiber solution is designed to join as many as 16 remote fire alarm control panels together to report all systems’ signals to a central monitoring station. This centralized reporting method eliminates significant telecommunications costs to communicate signals from each individual panel.
Lite-Connect allows more details to be reported on all systems’ events, as opposed to the traditional method of running copper signaling line circuits between buildings. The use of multi-mode fiber optic cable to connect panels offers robust protection from common ground faults, and other electrical surges, many times caused by lightning strikes.
Most Important Features:
- Lite-Connect inherently protects against lightning strikes by utilizing the uber connections, as opposed to traditional copper wire
- The head fire alarm control panel provides common central station reporting for up to 16 connected panels
- It supports Class B or Class A operation to offer enhanced survivability
Benefits to the End User:
- Consolidating fire alarm communications into one main panel provides savings to the building owner for phone lines and other fire alarm monitoring expenses
- Lite-Connect’s use of multi-mode, fiber optic cable to connect fire alarm control panels provides robust protection from common ground faults, and other electrical surges caused by lightning strikes
- If monitoring fire alarm control panels the traditional way using signaling line circuits and monitor modules, only alarms, troubles and supervisory notifications are communicated. Lite-Connect offers zone andpoint information to pinpoint the location of the alarm, leading to a faster response.
- It’s NON-PROPRIETARY, meaning it’s widely available, competitively priced, and campuses wont get locked into one service provider.