HID Partners with CERTIFY Health to Offer AI-Powered Patient Verification Technology
The collaboration combines HID’s U.ARE.U™ Camera Identification System with CERTIFY Care, a patient engagement platform.
HID, an identity solutions provider, and CERTIFY Health, a patient care and experience solutions provider, announced a new collaborative patient engagement and facial recognition offering designed to enhance patient service. The integrated biometric platform will make its debut at the Becker’s HIT Conference on October 3-6 in Chicago and will be showcased at HLTH 2023 (October 8-11 in Las Vegas) and CHIME23 (November 9-12 in Phoenix, Ariz.).
The collaboration combines HID’s U.ARE.U™ Camera Identification System featuring highly accurate facial recognition capabilities with CERTIFY Care, a patient engagement platform used across major healthcare organizations, according to the companies. Key functionalities include patient onboarding, biometric authentication, patient communications, digital forms, appointment scheduling and management, and payment collection.
HID’s U.ARE.U Camera Identification System fuses AI with multispectral imaging (MSI) technology and modern machine learning algorithms to accurately identify and authenticate individuals, lowering the risk of misidentification. The CERTIFY Care platform integrates with the U.ARE.U Camera technologies to deliver accurate patient authentication and identification while facilitating an end-to-end patient experience from intake to claims payout.
In addition to faster time to revenue, this technology pairing is said to benefit healthcare practices by enabling:
- Positive patient identification: Authenticate and verify patient identity before treatments to improve patient care and safety.
- Accurate medical records management and deduplication: Drive efficiencies by tying one face to one record to consolidate multiple files in existence due to human error, changes in name/address/email, absence of record standardization, lack of information, etc.
- Medical fraud prevention and investigation: Deliver irrefutable proof of presence when it comes to patient identification and verified eligibility of care.
- Touchless, hygienic authentication: Improve patient safety with high-performing facial recognition that’s swift, seamless and straightforward for both patients and practitioners.
The HID U.ARE.U Camera Identification System is also said to include:
- Top NIST ranking for face-matching performance and accuracy
- Ethically trained with AI to eliminate matching bias
- Precise capture and authentication regardless of variances in lighting, backgrounds, pose, expression, etc.
- Presentation Attack Detection (PAD) against spoofs — PAD detects spoof attempts using 3D masks, high-quality photos, or digital images to trick the system
- Security and privacy with on-device (edge) biometric processing
- Flexible, customizable, and cost-efficient patient engagement upgrade
If you appreciated this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century
This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!