Body Sprays & Fire Technology Don’t Mix

Since it’s Friday, I thought you all might enjoy this.

In my job covering the campus public safety sector, it seems like practically every week I come across something that’s funny or just plain weird. Here’s another one.

The Associated Press is reporting that a fire alarm was accidentally activated at a Connecticut high school when a student used too much body spray in the locker room. Officials say the cloud of mist triggered the fire detection device.

Hmm… That’s a lot of body spray.

Read the full story.

Related Articles:

About the Author

Robin Hattersley Gray

Robin has been covering the security and campus law enforcement industries since 1998 and is a specialist in school, university and hospital security, public safety and emergency management, as well as emerging technologies and systems integration. She joined CS in 2005 and has authored award-winning editorial on campus law enforcement and security funding, officer recruitment and retention, access control, IP video, network integration, event management, crime trends, the Clery Act, Title IX compliance, sexual assault, dating abuse, emergency communications, incident management software and more. Robin has been featured on national and local media outlets and was formerly associate editor for the trade publication Security Sales & Integration. She obtained her undergraduate degree in history from California State University, Long Beach.

Get Our Newsletters
Campus Safety Online Summit Promo Campus Safety HQ