ASSA ABLOY Introduces Medeco 4 Locking System
M4’s patent-pending key control protects against unauthorized duplication of keys, including unauthorized 3D printed copies.
ASSA ABLOY, a manufacturer of access control solutions, introduces Medeco 4 (M4), a high-security key technology that is said to offer protection against physical attack and unauthorized key duplication.
M4 cylinders are UL Standard 437 listed for physical strength and high security, with solid brass machined construction and hardened-steel inserts to thwart drilling attacks. M4 cylinders are available in a wide variety of formats and are ideal for any application requiring key control and a high level of physical security.
In addition to tumbler pins that lift and rotate, the M4 design includes four side pins: three finger pins and one lift pin, which must all interact with the sidebar to open, providing a high level of pick resistance, according to the company.
“With M4, we continue the legacy of trust that Medeco has built upon our over 50 years of manufacturing high-security locks in the USA,” said Joseph Kingma, Medeco General Manager, ASSA ABLOY. “Medeco key systems, combined with stringent key control programs and our history of enforcing patents, ensures our customers that every cylinder is the most secure it can be.”
Benefits of M4 key systems include:
- Key Control – Patent-pending key control protects against unauthorized duplication of keys.
- Protection against 3D Printing – A patent-pending movable element in the key deters unauthorized 3D printed copies of keys or blanks.
- Uses Existing Hardware – M4 cylinders are available in a wide variety of formats, retrofitting most hardware on the market.
- Special Angled Key Cuts – A special key cutting machine and access to Medeco-specific blanks are required to duplicate M4 keys, which are available in multiple levels of restriction.
- Master Keying Capabilities – M4 cylinders can be master keyed into a system that includes M4, BiLevel, and M4 CLIQ keys and cylinders.
- Warranty – Medeco 4 cylinders are warranted for two years against manufacturer’s defects.
For more information about the product, visit medeco.com.
If you appreciated this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century
This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!