USC Gas Leak Causes Fire

LOS ANGELES — A leaking gas line at the University of Southern California (USC) sparked a fire, injuring one person Friday.

A contractor working at the university accidentally cut a line that supplies USC’s track stadium, according to Raul Gordillo of Southern California Gas Co. The contractor was treated at the scene for minor burns, The Associated Press reports.

Approximately 20 firefighters were called to the scene to keep the 10-foot-high flames from spreading.

Read the full story.

Related Articles:

If you appreciated this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!

Tagged with: Fire Safety

Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century

This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!

Get Our Newsletters
Campus Safety Conference promo