Making the Most of Your Video Surveillance Systems
Milestone’s Brad Cary describes the benefits of using a single platform and the cloud to enhance video surveillance system performance.
Most school districts and institutions of higher education have installed some type of security camera system over the years. In fact, many have multiple video surveillance solutions and utilize features like video analytics, artificial intelligence, meta data, and more.
But how can a campus or district effectively combine and manage all of this information? To find out, Campus Safety Editor-in-Chief Robin Hattersley spoke with Brad Cary, Milestone Systems’ business development manager for education.
Milestone Systems has decades of experience solving security problems for educators. In addition, they are moving beyond security to provide operational intelligence, helping campus administrators evaluate and solve for systematic needs and automated processes.
In this interview, Brad describes the benefits of using a single platform and the cloud to enhance video surveillance system performance and utilization. He also covers how this type of platform can help campuses make sense of all of the safety information they receive, as well as improve their compliance with the various laws and regulations that schools and universities must follow.
He specifically addresses the following:
- The challenges schools and colleges are currently experiencing: 1:23
- The biggest challenge campuses face in utilizing their video systems: 2:37
- How a single platform can enhance video management system usability: 3:26
- With the increased amount of video events created by the use of meta data, analytics and the internet of things, how users can quickly find the relevant video they need: 4:38
- How video management systems can help schools and universities with regulations and compliance: 6:19
- Milestone’s approach to the Cloud: 7:28
- A real-world example of where and how Milestone’s solutions have been deployed: 9:16
The video concludes with a short demonstration of Milestone’s centralized search functions.
Milestone also offers schools and institutions of higher education free eBooks, including:
Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century
This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!
Leave a Reply