Campus Safety Conferences Presentation Proposals for 2023 Due Nov. 30
The 2023 Campus Safety Conferences will be held next summer in Texas and Las Vegas. We will also be co-locating with EDspaces in North Carolina in November.
Campus Safety is pleased to announce that we are now accepting presentation proposals for next year’s Campus Safety Conferences (CSC) and Campus Safety Online Summit.
The 10th Annual Campus Safety Conferences are intensive education and training events for those involved in protecting our nation’s schools and institutions of higher education. The events feature critical safety and security sessions for K-12 and college campuses, full-day, hands-on-learning workshops, 50+ product and solution providers, and extensive opportunities to network with campus peers from across the country.
CSC attendees include law enforcement, security directors, facilities directors, emergency managers, technology directors, IT managers, campus and district administrators, risk managers, mental health professionals, business managers, and others responsible for the security, emergency management, and public safety of our nation’s schools and universities.
The Campus Safety Conferences are presented by Campus Safety and are the premier events in the industry. These events provide attendees with the resources and training they need to increase preparedness, communication, and response prior to, during, and after a variety of safety and security incidents.
The theme for the 2023 Campus Safety Conferences is ‘Prepare to Prevent.’ By sharing experiences and leading practices, we can add to our safety toolkits and make plans to prevent safety and security incidents in school districts and institutions of higher education.
Campus Safety is also working with our partners at EDspaces for a November partnership in 2023. First launched in 1996 by the Education Market Association, EDspaces in Charlotte, N.C., brings together architects, designers, administrators, and facilities managers with manufacturers, distributors, and service providers to transform learning environments and motivate students of the future. Innovation transforms learning environments, and it’s on full display at EDspaces.
Prospective speakers are encouraged to submit detailed proposals addressing safety and security topics facing higher education campuses and K-12 schools for the Campus Safety Conferences, Campus Safety Online Summit, and EDspaces, if interested. Submissions are due November 30, 2022.
Campus Safety Conferences 2023 Dates and Locations:
- WEST: Henderson, NV | July 10-12, 2023
- TEXAS: Dallas, TX | July 31-August 2, 2023
- With EDspaces: Charlotte, NC | November 7-9, 2023
- Campus Safety Online Summit (CSOS) | Dates TBD
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Working with school/campus safety task forces and committees
- Emergency operations, safety, and communication plans
- Emergency drills for staff, students and parents
- Campus police and security training programs
- Campus and district emergency management
- New concerns and changes due to COVID-19
- Mental/behavioral health/suicide prevention
- Security systems (cameras, access control, lockdown, emergency notification, intrusion prevention and detection, etc.)
- Cyber security awareness and assessments
- Active assailant incidents and response
- Threat assessments (behavioral, digital, facility)
- Severe weather emergencies and natural disasters
- Clery / Title IX compliance
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED)
- Campus crimes
- Re-unification plans
- Situational awareness programs
- Hazing and bullying on campus and online
- Staffing and resource concerns
- Grants and Funding
- Sexual assault, harassment and stalking investigations
- Scenario/Tabletop exercise training
- Managing events on campus
Sessions focused on audience engagement and participation are strongly encouraged.
- Presentations should be based on facts, popular topics, trends, lessons learned, experiences, and leading practices.
- Presenters are strongly encouraged to provide tangible takeaways for attendees with their sessions
- CSC is searching for both beginner and advanced level trainings.
- Certified instructors are strongly encouraged to submit proposals.
- If you are submitting on behalf of a company product, you must also reserve sponsor space at the event if selected.
- Case studies in which a co-presenter is from a school, district or university/college are encouraged.
- Presentations submitted must include references to ensure the data and content is correct and valid.
- All presentations must be thoroughly fact-checked.
- Sales pitches will not be accepted.
- CSC is unable to provide any form of compensation or reimbursement for expenses.
- All speakers are required to use CSC branded templates for presentations.
- All speakers receive a complimentary conference pass for themselves and one guest.
If you have any questions, please contact Dana McClay at dana.mc[email protected] or (774) 505-8007.