Australian Hospital Blames Newborn Switch on ‘Human Error’

GEELONG, Australia — St John of God Hospital mistakenly gave two mothers the wrong newborns. The babies each spent eight hours with the wrong mother before a family member detected the error.

Hospital officials said the incident was caused by human error, as the babies’ bracelets were not checked against the identification bracelets on their mothers, AFP reports.

The women and babies are being tested for any infections they may have contracted as a result of the mix-up.

Read the full story.

Related Articles:

If you appreciated this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!

Tagged with: Infant Security

Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century

This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!

Get Our Newsletters
Campus Safety HQ