NEW ORLEANS — Tulane University students have launched the “It’s Not Enough” campaign, calling for more security around campus. At least 14 students were robbed — some at gunpoint — in the area around campus last semester.
The number of robberies was an increase of 75 percent from each of the past four semesters, The Times-Picayune reports. In addition to the robberies, two women were raped just blocks from campus.
Students involved in the campaign are asking for more off-campus patrols and better communication with students.
- Want to Attend a Safe College? 10 Questions You Should Ask
- Preventing and Responding to Campus Sexual Assaults
- How to Create Effective Procedures for Contract Security
- Building a University Safety & Security Structure
- ‘How Safe Is Your Campus?’ Survey Results: Universities