BROWNSVILLE, Texas — Police shot and killed an eighth grade student at Cummings Middle School the morning of Jan. 4.
Brownsville police Detective J.J. Trevino said that officers found the student with a handgun in a hallway after a school administrator noticed the boy was carrying a weapon and called police, the Associated Press reports. Police shot the student, killing him.
Investigators have not determined whether the student opened fire.
- UC Davis Active Shooter Training
- Podcast: How to Respond to Active Shooters
- Community Partnerships Improve Active Shooter Response
- How UC Davis and WNCC Prepare for Campus Shootings
- 3 Ways to Prevent Weapons Incidents