HARRISON, N.Y. — Police and officials from St. Vincent’s Hospital are working to reverse an increase in criminal activity at the hospital and the surrounding areas that has become apparent over the last year.
Police Chief Anthony Marraccini said the problem started after St. Vincent’s was purchased by St. Joseph’s Hospital after filing for bankruptcy, the Harrison Patch reports. St. Vincent’s provides inpatient and outpatient mental health and chemical dependency tests for children and adults, and police have been responding to more incidents because of an increasingly “violent and disturbing” clientele.
The hospital is also currently investigating a suicide that occurred on its campus Dec. 3.
- 7 Tips For Selecting Patient Electronic Tagging Technology
- How Pinnacle Protects Its Emergency Department
- How to Manage Healthcare Facility Visitors
- Possible Medical Causes of Abnormal Subject Behavior
- How to Create a Hospital Investigation Unit