By CS Staff · February 5, 2012
PHILADELPHIA — The Philadelphia School District will lay off approximately 90 school police officers due to a $61 million budget shortfall.
The police officers who will be laid off are per-diem workers, The Inquirer reports. They do not earn benefits, but work almost every day for the duration of the school year.
Other cuts, including administrative layoffs, will be announced as well.
- 12 Common Mistakes Campuses Make When Applying for Grants
- Campus Safety Grant Strategies: Your 1st Steps
- Making the Grade with Contract Security
- Saving Green by Going Green
- Want Stimulus Money? Focus on Jobs