By CS Staff · May 1, 2012
TACOMA, Wash. — Police believe a man who attempted to shoot a University of Puget Sound officer is trying to leave the area.
Bryan Michael Windmeyer became uncooperative while officers were questioning him about vehicle break-ins near university-owned housing, The News Tribune reports. Windmeyer removed a gun from his waistband and threatened to shoot the officers. He dropped the gun in the ensuing struggle and it discharged.
Windmeyer grabbed the gun, pointed it at an officer and fired. However, it did not fire. He fled the scene in a car.
- Case Study: Merced College Upgrades Video Surveillance System
- Where to Install Cameras on K-12 Campuses
- How to Detect a Concealed Weapon
- 3 Ways to Prevent Weapons Incidents
- The Challenges of Tracking Potentially Dangerous People