EDMONTON, Alberta — Alberta Health Services has launched a review of Alberta Hospital after two patients wandered away from the facility within two weeks of one another.
Melissa Ekklenkamp — who suffers from bipolar disorder — disappeared from the facility on July 6th, and is still missing, iNews 880 AM reports. Douglas Campbell was arrested within a few days of his disappearance on July 19.
Alberta Health Services doesn’t know how many patients have gone missing, but officials estimate 27 over the past nine months.
- Officials: Patient Who Froze to Death Should Have Been Found Sooner
- 6 Common Errors Hospitals, Police Make When Managing Prisoners
- How the HITECH Act May Affect Your Healthcare Facility
- Police Blogger Questions Inmate Escort Policy
- Building a Better Hospital Security System, 1 Phase at a Time