HOUSTON, Texas — An elderly woman who went to Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center for treatment was raped in the facility, according to investigators.
Detectives said that Manuel Alvarado, a nursing assistant, entered the woman’s hospital room claiming he needed to assist her, Click2Houston.com reports. He then allegedly sexually assaulted her.
After Alvarado left the room, the woman stored his DNA samples and provided it to police the following morning.
- Sexual Assault Prevention Education: Getting the Message Through to Students
- The 3 Ds of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Campus Sexual Assaults: How Community Policing Can Make a Difference
- Preventing and Responding to Campus Sexual Assaults
- Smarter Hiring: Reducing the Insider Threat