By CS Staff · October 2, 2011
FALCON, Colo. — On Thursday, Falcon School District 49 introduced a Standard Response Protocol (SRP) to increase school safety. The protocol was developed by the father of a shooting victim from Platte Canyon High School.
The SRP consists of four actions: lockout, lockdown, evacuate and shelter, KKTV reports. It was created by John Michael Keyes, whose daughter Emily was killed in a school shooting at Platte Canyon High School in 2006.
The Keyes family also founded the I Love You Guys Foundation. The name of the foundation is based on the last text message Emily sent her family members, which read “I love you guys.”
- 5 Lessons Learned From the Platte Canyon School Shooting
- Your Physical Access Control Cheat Sheet
- Police: Colorado Gunman Sexually Assaulted Student Hostages
- Your Key to Effective Lockdowns
- Your Mass Notification Cheat Sheet