BOSTON — A Boston University hockey player was taken into custody on Feb. 19 for allegedly raping a female student on campus.
Max Nicastro, 21, is the second BU hockey player in the last 10 weeks to face sexual assault charges, the Boston Globe reports. Another player, Corey Trivino, was arrested Dec. 11 on numerous charges after he allegedly broke into a female student’s room at night.
Both Nicastrol and Trivino have been suspended from the team. University officials are investigating both incidents to determine if they are isolated, or symptomatic of a larger problem within the hockey program.
- Preventing and Responding to Campus Sexual Assaults
- How To File A Campus Sexual Assault Victims’ Bill Of Rights/Clery Act Complaint
- The 3 Ds of Sexual Assault Prevention
- How to Comply With the Dept. of Ed’s Title IX Sexual Violence Guidance
- Expert Says Colleges Must Get Tough on Hazing