By CS Staff · October 31, 2011
FORT MYERS, Fla. — A 9-year-old girl who went into a fit of rage on a school bus Monday afternoon faces multiple felonies including battery on a law enforcement officer, after she threw a chair at a deputy.
The girl jumped off the bus, spit at staff members, and threw pieces of asphalt at the bus. She then retrieved a metal chair from a nearby yard and threw it at a Lee County Sheriff’s deputy, the Associated Press reports.
- What 2-Way Radios Can Do For Your School Buses
- Bullying and Harassment: Thin Line and Thin Ice
- 20 Ways to Bolster School Bus Safety
- Planning and Training Increase School Bus Security
- Strategies for Managing Discipline Problems on the School Bus