By CS Staff · November 1, 2011
ATHENS, Ohio — Fifty people were arrested Saturday night and Sunday morning during an annual Halloween block party near the Ohio University campus.
By 3 a.m., emergency medical personnel had responded to 46 calls for assistance, most of which were alcohol-related, 10TV reports. Thirteen party-goers were taken to O’Bleness Memorial Hospital.
The majority of the 57 service calls received by police were for disorderly intoxication and drunken personal complaints. Seven people were arrested for underage drinking.
- 10 Things Parents Can Do to Make Halloween Safer
- Special Event Parking Basics
- Don’t Drop the Ball When It Comes to Event Security
- Making the Grade with Contract Security
- Alcohol Abuse Prevention Basics