By CS Staff · January 17, 2012
TEMPLE, Texas — A school bus was flipped onto its side after being clipped by a tractor-trailer on Jan. 17, sending 32 people — 29 of them children — to the hospital.
The bus driver was knocked unconscious in the collision and a 9-year-old boy was ejected through the escape hatch in the bus roof, the Associated Press reports. The truck apparently ran a stop sign before striking the Academy school district bus.
One child and the bus driver are in critical condition.
- New Standards for School Bus Seat Belts
- What 2-Way Radios Can Do For Your School Buses
- A Comprehensive Plan for School Bus Accidents
- Planning and Training Increase School Bus Security
- 10 Ways to Bolster School Bus Safety