By CS Staff · December 13, 2011
EDINBURG, Texas — Two hunters were questioned and another man was arrested and charged with criminal trespassing in the Dec. 12 shooting of two students at Harwell Middle School who were trying out for the school’s basketball team.
Authorities said it was still unclear who fired the shots that injured the boys, the Houston Chronicle reports. Investigators are testing a slug found at the scene to see if it matches one of the rifles from the three men.
School officials said they would consider building a cinder-block fence to protect students from bullets, since the school is located close to hunting ground.
- Police: Hunters May Have Shot Students
- Make Sure Your Crisis Plans Cover After-Hours Incidents
- 3 Ways to Prevent Weapons Incidents
- ‘How Safe Is Your Campus?’ Survey Results: K-12 Schools and Districts
- Clery Reporting: How to Properly Classify Incidents