By CS Staff · March 11, 2012
INDIANAPOLIS — A school bus collided with a bridge Monday, killing one child and the driver. Two other students were critically injured.
One side of the bus, which was taking approximately 50 students to Indianapolis Lighthouse Charter School, was peeled back in the collision, the Associated Press reports. One of the injured children was rescued by emergency crews from underneath the front wheel of the bus.
Police do not yet know what caused the crash.
- New Standards for School Bus Seat Belts
- A Comprehensive Plan for School Bus Accidents
- 20 Ways to Bolster School Bus Safety
- Approaches to Protect Students in Bus Loading Zones
- What 2-Way Radios Can Do For Your School Buses