Steve Jaureguy, Chief of Police, California State University, Stanislaus, Turlock, Calif.
- Developed a source of revenue via parking citations that earned his program the California 2009 Parking Program of the Year designation
- Partnered with Turlock Downtown Association by renting a storefront space to promote safety in the downtown area.
- Helped launch a specialized de-radicalization pilot training program and hosted community meetings between local Muslim leaders and local law enforcement
View Jaureguy's photo gallery
Jeff Karpovich, Director of Security and Transportation, High Point University, High Point, N.C.
- Formed and built the transportation department and safety/emergency management department in two years
- Worked with city lighting engineer to add more than 100 light fixtures on and near the campus
- Worked with IT to develop a home-grown barcode method of online vehicle registration and citation issuing process at no outside cost to the institution
View Karpovich's photo gallery
Raymond Osborne, Director of Security, University of San Diego Health System
- More than 530 security cameras, 160 panic alarms and 220 access control door entry systems have been installed on three campuses
- Security cameras and access control solutions helped identify false complaints. In two cases, it saved the health system more than $500,000
- Expanded the security force by adding shift supervisors and lead officers, as well as permanent and part-time security agents
View Osborne's photo gallery
A.J. Sandoval, Chief of Police, Bexar County Hospital District Police, San Antonio, Texas
- Improved security in the labor and delivery unit
- Networked with other law enforcement agencies to coordinate officer safety training initiatives at low or no cost to the department
- Developed access to National Crime Information Center and Texas Crime Information Center databases.
View Sandoval's photo gallery
James Waldon, Director of Police and Safety/Chief of Police, Gannon University, Erie, Pa.
- Increased mobile, foot and saturation patrols and combined Compstat with community policing, which led to nearly an 18 percent drop in crime
- Instituted educational requirements for police officers
- Diversified the department so that four of its 11 officers are now female, and one of its officers speaks Arabic
View Waldon's photo gallery
Timothy Williams, Director of Public Safety, Emory Healthcare, Atlanta
- Partnered with downtown Atlanta and midtown Atlanta improvement districts for improved radio communications and video surveillance of campus
- Place an Atlanta police precinct on the Emory campus to improve law enforcement access, which resulted in a 17% decrease in crime in the area
- Improved officer compensation by 10 percent
View Williams' photo gallery